Saturday, February 20, 2016

"Always On": key to success in sales

I was talking to the owner of a landscape company who was replacing the trees at a location.  He was asking me--"who makes the decisions at this location.  I want to do the mowing.  I'm very reliable and can promise a great job.  Just introduce me to the decision maker."  He didn't know who I was or what I could do.  But he was "always on",  always selling.

A good sales person is always selling, primarily because you don't know know where your next sale is coming from.  A good sales person combines the "referral" with the "always on" concept.   Talk about your product with anyone who will listen and see where it goes.  

Sales is not a job.  It is a lifestyle.  It is a career.  Being always on and always selling is the lifestyle.  The important thing to remember is, when you're always on, you need to be very informational about your products, rather than direct. Your're letting people know what you do; what you sell.  Let them take you further; let them think they're helping you by referring you to someone who needs your product. 


No comments:

Post a Comment