Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Meeting Agenda


Never walk into a meeting with a customer without an agenda.  Something I've believed for years: "He who makes the agenda controls the meeting."  That doesn't mean sticking blindly to the agenda.  It means making sure all the points on your agenda, the points that you feel are important, are discussed.  In fact, make the meeting agenda a check list--even better.
And don't trust to your memory.  You get into the intensity of the meeting and forget things.  That's natural.  You need a written agenda to refer to.
Share the agenda with your customer, if appropriate.  That will give the customer an idea of where you're going with the meeting and he can ask questions at the right times in the presentation.
Going into a sales presentation without a plan is just bad sales technique.
Control the meeting, softly, with an agenda.
I remember listening to a sales presentation and I asked a question.  The presenter got mad because I threw him off his pitch.  If he had given me an agenda, I could have know when to ask the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment